Philippines National Bank (PNB) is among the largest banks in the Philippines in terms of assets. It is one of the most established bank in the country and included in the Philippine Stock Exchange.
During the American colonial period, PNB was established by the Philippine government on 1916. In 1980, it became the first universal bank in the country.
If you are thinking to apply for a bank account at PNB, you must prepare all the requirements before going to the bank to have a smooth processing of your application. It would be better if you can also apply for online or mobile banking once you applied for a new bank account.
Internet or phone banking is a good service offered by PNB since it will give you access to your account anytime and anywhere as long as there is an Internet connection. You can also pay your bills like utility bills online if you have Internet banking account.
The guide below can give you an idea on how to open a new PNB bank account. You can follow it for quick processing of your application.
1. Choose the PNB branch you would like to apply for a new bank account. It would be better to select the branch near public roads where there are many means of transportation.
2. Bring complete requirements when opening PNB bank account.
3. Prepare your money for initial deposit of your new bank account. Normally, for ATM and passbook account, the initial deposit would be P5,000 and P10,000 respectively. For applying a peso checking account, the minimum initial deposit would be P10,000.
4. Make sure to bring ball pen because sometimes there is no ball pen available at the bank. It is better to be ready than to have none.
5. Proceed directly to the new account desk when you arrived at the bank. Inform the bank officer you would like to open a new savings account. Fill up all forms and signature cards that will be given to you. Make sure you complete all the required data.
6. After finishing filling up all application forms and signature cards, handle to the bank officer you initial deposit, requirements and forms. This process may take 20 minutes or more since it will undergo checking and approval.
7. Normally, ATM or passbook will be available for pick-up to your PNB branch after 5 banking days had passed or you may ask the bank officer when it will be available to be sure.
PNB is one of the best banks in the country if you are considering to apply for a new savings account. If you want quick processing and approval of your application, remember to bring with you all requirements for opening a new bank account.